Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wall Street: Cool glasses never sleep

Last night I went to the movies to watch Wall Street: Money never sleeps.  In my opinion the movie fell sort of my expectations.  This movies' predecessor was not as depressing.  The sad reality is that WS:Mns does a good job depicting what happened almost two years ago when the run was made on Bear Stearns and JP Morgan Chase bought them up pennies on the dollar.  It's as if the scene in the back room inside the Federal Reserve Bank of NY was actual video footage of what happened that Sunday night.


On a lighter note, the sunglasses worn by Michael Douglas were nothing short of sweet.  I originally thought these were oliver peoples Racine but when I researched it in sunglassesid.com I found that these are Barton Perreira Halston. I have noticed the change to crystal/ transparent eyewear in the past few months.  This look will definitely work for someone with a fair complexion that doesn't feel comfortable wearing the dark "horn rimmed" plastic frames that have become so popular.


To achieve the same look on a budget you can try: RayBan 2132 in Honey, part of the new wayfarer collection. The darker temples do not take too much from the look.  Light amber tinted lenses with Anti-Reflective coating would polish the look off.  If you're interested in taking a look at these contact me

1 comment:

  1. I just visited my optician in Ottawa. I need to tell him about these glasses. These look great!

    ReplyDelete